There are some Specific courses which is used in daily life and We always need to update yourself for the same.
I dont know about the Academics but yes I will share some Books and Video tutorial which is best.
Whether you are just starting out or an Excel novice, the Excel 2016 Bible is your comprehensive, go-to guide for all your Excel 2016 needs. Whether you use Excel at work or at home, you will be guided through the powerful new features and capabilities by expert author and Excel Guru John Walkenbach to take full advantage of what the updated version offers. Learn to incorporate templates, implement formulas, create pivot tables, analyze data and much more.
About the Author
John Walkenbach principal of J-Walk and Associates, Inc. is a leading authority on spreadsheet software and creator of the award-winning Power Utility Pak. He has written more than 50 books and 300 articles and reviews for publications including PC World, InfoWorld and Windows.
Master business modeling and analysis techniques with Microsoft Excel 2016 and transform data into bottom-line results. Written by award-winning educator Wayne Winston, this hands-on, scenario-focused guide helps you use Excel’s newest tools to ask the right questions and get accurate, actionable answers. This edition adds 150+ new problems with solutions, plus a chapter of basic spreadsheet models to make sure you’re fully up to speed.
Solve real business problems with Excel—and build your competitive advantage
• Quickly transition from Excel basics to sophisticated analytics
• Summarize data by using PivotTables and Descriptive Statistics
• Use Excel trend curves, multiple regression and exponential smoothing
• Master advanced functions such as OFFSET and INDIRECT
• Delve into key financial, statistical and time functions
• Leverage the new charts in Excel 2016 (including box and whisker and waterfall charts)
• Make charts more effective by using Power View
• Tame complex optimizations by using Excel Solver
• Run Monte Carlo simulations on stock prices and bidding models
• Work with the aggregate function and table slicers
• Create PivotTables from data in different worksheets or workbooks
• Learn about basic probability and Bayes’ Theorem
• Automate repetitive tasks by using macros
Do more in less time, beyond the basics, beneath the surface …
Experienced with excel? Don’t let excel 2016 make you feel like a beginner again! This new edition of the bestselling book has been completely overhauled. Gone is unnecessary and rarely used content; emphasis is on the most-used and new aspects of Excel 2016. The result is a focused book where every topic is relevant and worth learning. It is the fastest, smartest way to master Advance Excel 2016’s full power and updated interface. You’ll discover how to leverage excel’ s new tools for charting, business analysis, data visualization, forecasting and more.
Quickly clean your data with Excel 2016’s powerful Get and Transform tools
Discover Excel 2016’s newest charts: waterfall, histogram, Pareto, sunburst, Tree Map and Box and Whisker
Use Forecast Sheets to forecast the future, including seasonal adjustments
Pivot data on maps with 3D Maps and animate your maps over time
Create formulas, charts, subtotals and pivot tables faster than ever
Create amazing Power Pivot data mishaps that integrate information from anywhere
Automate repetitive functions using Excel macros
Solve real-world business intelligence analysis problems
Use Power Pivot Data Model to create pivot tables from multiple data sets without VLOOKUP
Share workbooks on the Web and social networks
Leverage Excel to create highly interactive web pages and online surveys
Quickly apply attractive, consistent formats
This book is indispensable for Excel intermediate users, power users, and would-be power users. Fully updated for the new release, this latest edition provides comprehensive, soup-to-nuts coverage, delivering over 900 pages of Excel tips, tricks and techniques readers won’t find anywhere else. Thoroughly updated to cover the Excel interface, file formats, enhanced interactivity with other Office applications, and upgraded collaboration features. This power-user’s guide is packed with procedures, tips, and ideas for expanding Excel’s capabilities with Visual Basic for Applications. Includes templates and worksheets from the book that are downloadable on the website.
About the Author
John Walkenbach principal of J-Walk and Associates, Inc. is a leading authority on spreadsheet software and creator of the award-winning Power Utility Pak. He has written more than 50 books and 300 articles and reviews for publications including PC World, InfoWorld, and Windows. He also maintains the popular Spreadsheet Page at The Spreadsheet Page – John Walkenbach and promotes all his books at that site.
This are some Best book for Excel.
Now its time for some Good Video Tutorial for Excel
Lookup functions on an excel sheet make’s it extremely easy for people who work on multiple excel sheets to match data in various places. This course helps you understand and learn 6 plus lookup functions and become an expert in using them.
- Carry out Basic V-lookups and H-lookups in Excel
- Use the Index and Match functions in isolation and combined
- Combine V-lookup with Match for a more dynamic formula
- Carry out a lookup to the left
- Use the V-lookup function with Text
- Use the Choose function to lookup values
- Workbooks to download
- Activities to complete
- Vlookup basics
- Index match
- Left lookup
- Vlookup match
- Lookup text
- Choose function
- H lookup
Complete the activity in the supporting materials. Your assignment is to download the workbook and complete the activity as detailed.
Share a screenshot of your workbook with the VLOOKUP formula complete and correct, or copy and paste the formula that you have created……
We look forward to seeing how you get on!
Excel is one the most powerful and most used application. You can use an excel sheet to store any sort of information in an easy to read format. By the end of this course, you can expect yourself to be able to use Excel very easily. Also, you will be able to work with the data in an excel sheet – input, organize, sort and analyze any data that you might require.
- Open, save and close a workbook in Excel
- Identify parts of an Excel workbook
- Enter and delete data
- Insert and remove columns and rows
- Use cut, copy, paste, undo, redo, find and replace
- Insert basic formula
- Use paste special
- Format text and cells
- Use excel autofill, flash fill, auto-sum and autocomplete
- Sort data
- Insert tables and filters
- use names and data validation to restrict user inputs
- Insert charts
- Insert pivot tables, timeline, and charts
- Set up a basic Sales and sales returns daybook in Excel
- Set up a basic Purchase and purchase returns daybook in Excel
- Set up a basic petty cash daybook in Excel
- Set up basic payments and receipts daybooks
- Identify key information to record in the daybooks
Please download the attached workbook in supporting materials and practice the examples as you go through the video
When you have a section complete – post the section number and complete so we know that you are completing the exercises
Ensure that you have gained some knowledge to understand this section, try out the following
- Open a new workbook in Excel
- Save a new workbook
- Select cell A2 and type in your name
- Select cell A2 and delete your name
- Undo the delete so that your name reappears.
Using the sample Day Book file from section 2, have a go at the following
- On the worksheet, paste special, Find the value 500 and replace it with 1.42
- On the worksheet, paste special, use the paste special function to multiple all of the values in column A by the multiplier value in cell C1
- On any Day Book that has row 2 blank, delete this row.
- Format the Day Book Name on each day book so that it has been merged and centered.
- Ensure dates and % are in the correct format
- Enter any missing columns to the petty cash day book including any necessary formula
Using the workbook, you will be working on the following
- Create a table for each of the day books
- On the sheet Salestax_vat, give a name to the sales tax rates range.
- In each of the Day Books, set up data validation for the sales tax rates, so that the % is pulled directly from the named list that you set up in 2 above.
This course is intended to make it easier for you to transform raw data into the ideal required format for pivot table analysis, simplify pivot table maintenance by way of Excel’s Table feature and contrast different methods for performing calculations within and outside of pivot tables. By the end of this course, you may expect to reduce the effort you put in creating reports and instantly generate required documents.
- Transform raw data into the ideal format for pivot table analysis
- Simplify pivot table maintenance by way of Excel’s Table feature
- Contrast different methods for performing calculations within and outside of pivot tables
The image below shows the sample sales data collated from North wind access database.
Task is to create a summary of customers, group all of their orders by product, and show the quantities, unit price and subtotals for all the transactions.
This course will help you learn how to work on the financial model of a business using excel sheets. You may expect to be able to prepare financial projections of the income statement, balance sheet and statements of cash flow effectively.
- Identify a disciplined approach for using Excel to develop financial analysis
- Discover how to prepare financial projections of the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows